Autocruise Customer Service

Guest Alan Jones

Guest Alan Jones
Being impressed by press reviews of the new Autocruise Colt on Iveco Daily with RWD and auto transmission, I thought I would enquire if there were any plans to introduce a similar model but with a fixed bed. I e-mailed Autocruise sales: No Reply. I e-mailed Autocruise Customer Service: No Reply. Not having any other experience of this company, I am wondering if this is typical of the sort of service I can expect if I am unfortunate enough ever to become a customer. Any comments anybody?

Guest david lloyd
Hi Alan We bought our Autocruise Startraveller last April and although we are very happy with most of it we did have a problem that, to us, is an aggravation. The waste tank is supposed to be 72 ltr but turned out to be only 50 ltr and only came to light when my wife found herself standing in a shower tray full of waste water!! We originally calculated the waste/fresh water capacity we wanted for 5 days away at a time and 50 ltr just isn't enough and, as we had not been informed of the change in spec prior to taking delivery, contacted Autocruise who agreed to fit a second 50 ltr tank alongside the other free of charge - nothing happened. We went to the Autocruise open weekend last September and spoke to those concerned who personally assured us that it would be done after the open weekend - nothing happened. I rang the warranty manager every day for one week and was told each time that she was 'busy' or 'in a meeting' etc and was assured every time that she would contact me - nothing happened. I then wrote to the Chairman, John Cockburn, explaining the background and what had (or hadn't) happened so far, asking him to intervene. I received a reply, not from him, from the warranty manager who had ignored all my calls so I guess it did have an effect. The letter was full of apologies and an assurance that they would be contacting us as soon as possible to effect the modification - nothing happened. No - I tell a lie - we did receive a parcel a few days after that with two Autocruise pens and two mugs - but believe me it takes ages to empty even a 50 litre waste tank with two mugs!! All this was before Christmas and, to date, we have heard nothing more. We had extremely high hopes of good service from Autocruise but we are deserting them - we wanted to change to a fixed bed model and the Autocruise Starblazer was top of the list but we have ordered a Knaus Sun Ti instead. Good luck with the search, regards, david

Hows about all you people who cannot get the right answers and also those who have other M/H grumbles to wtite to the BBC Watchdog programme. They always are looking for different features and as summer is on the way and you all (we all) have more leisure time. Lots of outspoken publicity might do some good. I'm sure there could be 20 owners out there ready to write or Email bbc.co./watchdog, I think. bill h

Guest Ken Robinson
Alan, We purchased our 2nd Autocruise in 2004, having bought the first in 2000. I have had little to complain about, other than 2 smallish warranty issues. On all occasions I have contacted the factory direct, (the dealer service was a waste of time) and have received excellent service, although when using e-mail, it can take a few days to obtain a reply. Richard Bentley, the After Sales Manager, is the man to contact for instant help, although I would insistin speaking to John Cockburn, who will not be pleased at the lack of attention you are receiving and will act accordingly

Guest terry m.
I was surprised to read the letter above about autocruise service.we purchased an autocruise stargazer in jan 2004 and so far the service from autocruise has been second to none.we had a problem a couple of months after purchase so we got in touch with autocruise for advice,they were very helpful and said it would have to go back to the factory .they sent someone to pick it up from my home,took it to the factory ,did the repairs ,and delivered it back to my home ,which is a 400 miles round trip,all done with a smile. i cannot fault the aftersales sevice at all,in fact i think it is excellent .terry.

Guest david lloyd
Hi everyone Just to make it clear I too am most surprised at the lack of customer care regarding our replacement tank by Autocruise. I did go direct to Richard Bentley after the dealer was a waste of time. He and Christine agreed to the modifications being done at the factory whilst we were at the factory open weekend last year. We originally chose an Autocruise not just because of the vehicle spec we needed but also because of their reputation for build and after sales. You will find a letter from me in the September (I think it was) issue of MMM praising the vehicle and Autocruise in which I refer then to the waste tank problem. When it became apparent to us that we really wanted a fixed bed model the Starblazer immediately came to mind but it was too high for our carport. At the York show we spoke personally to John Cockburn (obviously before the issue of the tank not being replaced became an issue) and asked if he had any plans to put the Starblazer, or a variation of it, on the low alko chassis - saying that if he did we would be the first customers. I have always believed that Autocruise have a good product line and there are still many good reports about their after sales service but, for some inexplicable reason, we are at a standstill. It has knocked our confidence in the company but others have to take a rounded view before they make their decisions and it serves as a warning to check everything about the vehicle and to make representations to the dealer/converter as soon as anything comes to light. I also think, having had some experience of implementing quality assurance systems, that it serves as a warning to the converters that people really will vote with their feet and walk away if they don't get the service they have a right to expect. Still hope Alan gives serious thought to the Colt if it is offering him everything he is looking for in a motorhome and good luck with the search. Regards, david

Archived