Towing a car in France

tonyfletcher

Hi,

I think you can answer your own question, if you have 2 drivers just check the combined fare against 2 individual fares, the dimensions are as a motorhome with trailer.

I think the ferry fares will change on a daily basis if not hourly so you really do need to check, but the last time I remember someone reported that it was cheaper to take them across as 2 separate vehicles

hope that helps

tonyfletcher - 2009-07-16 2:29 PM

Hi All,

Just want a bit ofadvice when booking the ferry, do you regard the towed car as a trailer (giving the correct dimentions)? or do you unhitch the car and pay separate?

Thinking of the south of France in September any other tips?

Cheers

T

Hi,

I assumed he was using an "A" Frame which could either be viewed as a trailer or if dissconnected viewed as a car

QUOTE]PJay - 2009-07-17 9:34 AM

Surley if towing a trailer with or without a car on it, it is still a trailer? Therefore taking as two vehicles would be more expensive?

Hi, Again

I have just checked with Seafrance OUT 20 July 0810 BACK 20 Aug 1830, 7.5 metre motorhome towing a 4.75 metre "A" framed car, and the prices are exactly the same e.g motorhome and trailer £292 OR motorhome £171 car £121.

There were other prices at different times so its really worth checking against your own requirements.

Its also worth removing any Cookies from which ever ferry web site you use before requesting another quote.

Archived