Dusseldorf Show Advice

whisturx

I am visiting the show at the end of August and wanted some advice regarding the best part of the week to go.

It is open to the public on Saturday 29th. Is it absolutely heaving on the Saturday/Sunday being a weekend, so preferable to go in the week ?

But if I wait till Monday, is the camping ground going to be full or I end up without a hookup, miles away ?

I intend going on down to Bavaria but need to book a crossing to go straight to the show as the area between Calais and Dusseldorf is not the most interesting part to while away a few nights. Unless any recommendations ? Have been to Bruges.

2000 places at the camping ground 800 with hook up most people stay only for 2 nights so space is never a problem, do you really need a hookup for 2 or 3 nights?

In 2007 we went on the 2nd Saturday, the show wasn't too busy we were on our way back from Bavaria and could only spend 1 day you need at least 2 to get round the show.

Düsseldorf is approx 500 miles from Bertesgarten area of Bavaria we have done it in a day.

Agree Calais to Düsseldorf is not a very nice drive. Ypres makes a nice stopover but it's only 1½ hours from Calais.

The main reason for going is to look at the Frankia range, as bar a couple at Cranhams in Essex they are as rare as hens teeth.

Thanks for the advice. I may go the Wednesday before and stay in France or Belgium as monday the 31st is a bank holiday so the first weekend of the show is going to be busy on the ferries.

I will take you up on the offer Bernie. In fact I want to compare the A class Luxury and the slightly shorter Comfort class. The reduction in length seems to be the length of the sofa. Also Mercedes versus Fiat Comformatic(without judder!!)

I have booked the ferry for the Thursday 27th, night on Calais aire and probably one night in Belgium to arrive Saturday 29th and in the show 30/31 st

I note Sea France is asking for £159 Dover/Calais so booked with P& O for £102 for the same time slot. Slightly more than £70 paid May return June earlier this year

If you are at the show at the same time I will pm you a mobile number

When I last went to the Dus,show about two years ago we were parked up quite a distance from the toilet dump and food area so I took my toilet cassette to the toilet dump on my bike, I'm glad i did because vans that did drive to the toilet dump were being weighed by the Police, something I wan't to avoid in case they deceide I'm too heavy. *-) *-)

vindiboy - 2009-07-20 3:40 PM When I last went to the Dus,show about two years ago we were parked up quite a distance from the toilet dump and food area so I took my toilet cassette to the toilet dump on my bike, I'm glad i did because vans that did drive to the toilet dump were being weighed by the Police, something I wan't to avoid in case they deceide I'm too heavy. *-) *-)

Apologies for the off topic, but since roadside weight checks may take place pretty much anywhere in Europe, why not take your van to a weighbridge and weigh it - then you'll know.  Better that than having to jettison contents at the roadside, plus a fine?

Archived