MMM's arrived!

Tony Jones

Mine's not arrived yet :'(

Randonneur - 2009-10-17 10:10 AM

You are very fortunate to get your copy in the month when it is due, we cannot rely on receiving our copy even 2 weeks after the published date, sometimes it is toward the end of the next month. I don't know who they use to distribute the overseas copies but sometimes they seem to come via Germany or Switzerland. We have complained a couple of times when we haven't received our copy and they have sent us another one which has arrived before the original. If we do receive our copy before the end of the month it is published in we count ourselves as fortunate.

Yes, it must be tough living where you do Martin >:-) >:-)

But strangely, you may find a shortage of sympathy about that around here. Can't understand why! :D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine arrived in France today too having been redirected to boot! Pretty good going as my French neighbours complain that a letter from Paris now takes three days. I used to judge two days for birthday cards etc. to reach England but now I post three days in advance (and that is before the strike starts!).

As for the frost, it was minus 5 here yesterday - took a circle of ice off a bucket at lunchtime in full sun and it was still frozen at dusk. Emptied water out of m/home rapidly and temporarily winterised it.

"I'm reviewing, the situation"

So let me get this straight:

On the one hand, you two get to live in France. The advantages of that include wine, weather, MH-friendly attitudes, wide open spaces, travelling to ther countries wityhout changing money, etc, etc, etc. - and even Scotch whisky is cheaper!

I live in Britain, the advantage of which is that I get my MMM about 18 hours earlier than you do.

Like Mr Fagin, "I think I'd better think it out again!"

Tony Jones - 2009-10-20 8:42 PM

"I'm reviewing, the situation"

So let me get this straight:

On the one hand, you two get to live in France. The advantages of that include wine, weather, MH-friendly attitudes, wide open spaces, travelling to other countries without changing money, etc, etc, etc. - and even Scotch whisky is cheaper!

Tony, whilst I agree with everything you said, Martin doesn't like wine and hates garlic even though I do. Fortunately or unfortunately, depends which camp you are in, since moving to France we drink very little, I think that stems from having a Pub for 3 years, got sick of it. You are welcome to visit anytime.

Thanks Sylvia, that's kind of you, we may even take you up on it sometime. We're usually fairly well-behaved when we visit people - ask Bruce (BGD) and Sparkle!

And don't take any notice of my recent comments on here - it's just sheer envy. Always fancied living in France!

Last time we moved we did talk to the Baptist Missionary Soc, as they do some work with French Baptist churches, but there was nothing doing at the time! :-(

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived