Slide out suppliers/fitters in UK?

colin

Reading in MMM about RS motorhomes and the recent tread about Manhatten motorhomes has rekindled an idea I've had about fitting a slide out to panel van, but I'm struggling to find any info in UK.

I seem to remember that a old copy of CAK Tanks catalogue had slide out mechanisems in, but I think not the lattest issue (altough I've lost mine). The internet just seems to throw up US sites, even doing a search on these forums got a server error and me logged out.

Any links any one?

Guest Tracker
You can't just cut a bloody great hole in the side of a panel van without losing structural integrity - and you wouldn't want to go all floppy now would you!

Guest Tracker
Good point Colin - but isn't the closed door with it's locking mechanism in place part of the structural integrity of the van when on the road and would changing it from sideways sliding to sliding in/out be possible at an affordable cost?

Thats what I hope to find out, it was done on the Manhatten Tardis. I could design and build one myself, but if someone's offering/able to supply or fit a kit at an affordable price I'll go with that as I have to many other projects on the go at moment.

Guest Tracker

A very interesting engineering project Colin and I wish you every success with it.

I'm sorry that my engineering prowess never got beyond an elegant bodge so I can't help much - or even at all!

Guest peter
colin - 2009-07-21 7:46 PM

But you can (proboly) fit a slide out on a door

Colin (aircraft structural engineer) ;-)

Aaah.....So it was you who had a hand in designing the Spruce Goose with Howard Hughes. :D

Seriously though, I can't see a problem if the door frame is re-inforced

Colin,

you could also try Vipex, Sutton in Ashfield, 01623 441114, Torton Bodies Ltd, Telford, 01952 612648. There is another company called Edmund Edmunds in Coleford, Forest of Dean but I don't know their number. Allthe companies I have mentioned have slide out manufacturing experience.

Archived