Fiat 2.3 JTD 130 BHP

jasnelgrove

John

Received wisdom seems to be that, of all versions of the current Fiat Ducato (or Peugeot Boxer), it's variants with 6-speed gearbox and the smaller-capacity motor that have proved most prone to transmission-related problems. In the Ducato's case, this means vehicles with the 2.3litre motor you refer to in your subject-title.

Hi Derek,

Have you or any other forum contributor seen any reference to the reverse judder/clutch problems in the foreign camping-car press? I've seen only one passing reference in Camping-Car Magazine. Have the Spanish contributors seen anything or the German speakers; do they have any reports? It seems to be the six speed 2.3 combination that is the problem. My own 2.8 JTD is very high geared in reverse; a lot higher than first which makes it near impossible to go slowly in reverse on tick-over without slipping the clutch but I've had no problems with this engine/gearbox or the one before with the same 2.8 JTD. It really is beyond belief that FIAT can get it wrong again.

Bill Ord

By 2008 the water on the injectors caused by the scuttle design has been cured my van is 2008 under bonnet remains completely dry in all conditions.

If the van is on the Fiat camper chassis check that you can live with the ground clearance 'cause there aint a lot of it.

Archived