WE'RE OFF TODAY!!

Tony Jones

Leaving home after lunch, to have an evening meal either in Harwich or onboard, then overnight crossing to the Hook.

A week in Amsterdam, including a big celebration of 400th anniv of the Baptist "movement," then heading eastwards.

We've got 5 weeks altogether, and the PLAN is to loop through central Europe, discovering Berlin, Warsaw, Krakow, Budapest, Vienna and Prague, none of which we've ever seen before. We're really excited by it all!

We're taking a laptop, mainly to keep a diray and store photos. It's wi-fi enabled, but not sure how much use we'll make of that! Anyway it might mean we can update you lot occasionally!

Behave yourselves while I'm away!

Tony

Guest Tracker

Good luck Tony and have a great holiday.

I'm tempted to offer the late Dave Allen's parting words about who else should accompany you - but I wouldn't want to risk offence - you know me the epitome of diplomacy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Just a quick update while we're on a site with free Wi-Fi.

We're having a terrific time so far. The Baptist get-together was everything we hopes it would be, and we made lots of new friends - sadly very few of them on our likely route this trip though! After a chill-out day on site, we had another two days to explore the city - including a boat trip. Brilliant!

Berlin was awesome. That city has been at the heart of most of the pain of 20th century Europe, and manages both to remember all that respectfully, and get on with being a lively, vibrant capital today. During a trip on the river (yes, we like our boats!) we fell into conversation with a local lady of 94 who's seen all of it. We'll keep in touch with her and her grandson, who was with her.

Now we're on a site near Poznan, in Poland, en route for Warsaw tomorrow. Found this place in the CC book, but only after first trying another one which had closed down (if you're using the book. "International Motel-Camping" no 111 has closed, we're on "Camping Malta" no 155.

More when we have chance, and a full write-up when we get home!

Tony & Liz

Only just seen this thread, Tony. Hope all of you have a wonderful holiday and that you've had a word with the Big Boss to send you lots of good weather in the day, rain at night, and no Thorny Birds to annoy you :-D

Have a wonderful time. Joy

Archived