Go Motorhome - new magazine. Can you help?

Guest Sally at Go M

anthonyj - 2009-08-27 8:22 PM

I would like to see more on food - eating in the motorhome is something we all do - why not a series of easy recipes for two burners so we don't have to live on pasta and stir in sauces all the time.

You can i believe actually buy magazines about food and meals but i feel reviews on beans and coming soon (i can hardly wait) so called articles about soup have no place in a magazine about motorhomes.What do you think Sally?perhaps some on here could tell you what they would like to read about.

A usefull feature would be base vehicle servicing costs for say Fiat at various Fiat dealers around the country we all need a yearly service

• 2 weeks later...
anthonyj - 2009-08-27 9:22 PM On the negative side I thought that some of the pages were very busy and difficult to follow. I probably would buy it again but not on a regular basis (I subscribe to MMM and it won't replace that I suspect)

Thanks for the review Anthony, as I said on the other thread I can't get hold of a copy on the news stand right now.

I also do not like a page that is 'fusy' and I particularly don't like the trendy fahion of white text on a black background, or even worse white text on a purple background which I did see once !!! 

I don't agree with most of these comments.

The whole idea of 'Go Motorhome' surely is to provide a younger looking and feeling magazine - aimed at younger families (like mine), enterting the world of motorcaravanning - I think they nailed that.

Whilst I love MMM - I get rather annoyed at road tests for £30k+ 'vans, nice if you're retired or a lottery winner - but out of the question for most people in their 20's, 30's, 40's....

I was rather proud to stand at the cash desk in 'Borders' with this new, funky looking mag...

The only negatives were the actual size of the magazine though. MMM is such a bargain for a mega thick magazine. 'Go Motorhome' seemed waifer thin in comparison. (The same thing I think with the other mags too - 'Pratical Motorhome' don't worry with changing your image, just add more content!).

And articles on Baked Beans are alot more interesting to more people than roadtests on £40k vans.

I look forward to the next edition - as long as they keep on fine tuning it to a younger readership. (as stated above... lets have more roadtest on cheaper 'vans, campsites for kids, etc).

But all in all, a nice effort.

MrBanana - 2009-09-27 7:22 AM

The whole idea of 'Go Motorhome' surely is to provide a younger looking and feeling magazine - aimed at younger families (like mine), enterting the world of motorcaravanning - I think they nailed that.

Whilst I love MMM - I get rather annoyed at road tests for £30k+ 'vans, nice if you're retired or a lottery winner - but out of the question for most people in their 20's, 30's, 40's....

So its not really aimed at most people on this forum?

handyman - 2009-09-27 8:29 AM

MrBanana - 2009-09-27 7:22 AM

So its not really aimed at most people on this forum?

If you are an old f*** probably not

The whole ethos, looks and feel of the magazine is that it's aimed at younger readers - and if you wanted to read reviews of expensive new 'vans - any of the magazines cater for that.

jhorsf - 2009-09-28 3:26 AM

an article on beans is not more interesting to the person who is about to buy a new motorhome and thousands do just that every year the clue is in the name Go Motorhome

• 1 month later...
Guest Tracker

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the second issue won't be out until the spring of 2010 but I can't recall reading why this should be?

Having read issue one I can't see myself buying issue two!

Tracker - 2009-11-23 3:16 PM I seem to recall reading somewhere that the second issue won't be out until the spring of 2010 but I can't recall reading why this should be? Having read issue one I can't see myself buying issue two!

Yes, I read that too but I don't have time to go back and find it, she definately did say that and it seemed strange to me. Issue 1 doesn't seem to have been a rip roaring success so my guess is that we might not see any more issues (Well not until next spring anyway!!)

Guest Tracker

Like the poor bloke who ate a daffodil bulb instead of an onion - he was very poorly in hospital for a while but.........................

he'll be out again in the spring

Archived