Leaking rear doors

George Sim

Yes its the latest Peugeot base van

Have only bought the van 2 weeks only had it home two nights in the time that I have owned it. It was soaking over the rear door and down the rear nearside pillar when I picked it up.Have taken to dealer who have taken it peugeot 3 times and then tested with a hose. should be able to wash it with out worrying that I am not going to make it wet. Also if it rain like it did in cornwall the other week I would be in a swamp.

Not suffered any leaks, but have had to have the rear doors adjusted as there was a terrible and persistent squeak from this area (started on our first outing). Noise now much better, but not completely absent.

The rear door locks do not appear as positive as on the previous version where there was a lever on the n/s door which firmly held the door in place when closed. On the new model this lever is for opening the door only - no forward positive locking action.

Anyone else experienced squeaks/rattling from the rear doors and/or other doors?

Clive

Did they get anything right with this van.

The more I hear about things going wrong with it the more convinced I am, and glad that I decided on a Ford, might not be perfect but at least I can use it

Dave

Have had our X250 panel van for 4 months now and haven't had the water problem through the rear doors or a reversing judder. But we did have the squeak from the rear doors which took all of 2 minutes to cure by adjusting the striker plate by a mm or two.

But we have had water though the side sliding door which wasn't closed properly in a thunderstorm. I didn't realise that it relied on the rubber seal to keep the water out, so beware.

But we had a bad reversing judder on our last van, a rear wheel drive Mk6 Transit, so that problem is not confined to to the X250.

Archived