Hymer Service

doonhamer

Hi,

They have parking for about 6-8 vans with electricity free of course, there is also a Stellaplaz less than a mile away by the Spa.

We stayed buy the Spar I don't think there is any servicing at Hymer but you could empty the loo in the their bog.

They have a small customer area with free coffee & internet, and next door a their sales showroom where you can look around & order your new van.

It's only a few minutes walk down to the town centre or go for a swim at the Spa. The Spa is a bit disappointing no nude sauna's, that's not on in Germany.

I bought my van 2nd hand from a German chap who lives about 100km from Bad Waldsee. It was the obvious thing to have a habitation check while we were so close.

I can't say I would make a special journey to go back to Bad Waldsee for another habitation check. Being a fairly practical bloke, I think it's quite expensive for what it is. If a light needs fixing, I fix it. I don't need a service engineer to tell me the light's not working. I'm not even sure a water ingress test is anything more than somebody prodding the fabric with a moisture meter.

However, I can't speak highly enough of the setup. This is a custom built facility for servicing Hymers. All the spares you're EVER likely to need under one roof.

Udo Scheck the service manager speaks very good English as does his assistant. They kindly photocopied an English owner manual for us (200 pages or thereabouts) free of charge.

As I recall the parking area is rather larger than 6 vans. There were about 20 there when we arrived. After checking in we were given a voucher to exchange for coffee and a bun in town. Around mid morning we got a call to say that work might take a bit longer. If we would like to return to the factory, we could collect another voucher for lunch, - also in town at a choice of 3 selected restaurants

The biggest job was turning the dipping lights form right to left, and the technician worked past clocking off time to finish it at no extra charge to us.

We didn't stay overnight so I'm sorry I can't comment on the facilities.

Bad Waldsee as a town is charming with a lovely lake side walk.

PS When you get there don't say HighMer say Huwmargh otherwise no one will know what you're talking about

Archived