post while you are away

Brian Peters

Hello All again,

Me and my better half have both just taken early retirement and we intend to use our motorhome more frequently and for longer periods.

My question is this to all of you who are away from home for more than 4 weeks at a time, What do you do about the post delivered to your address????. We live in the sticks and up until now my son was at home and when we went away he would take care of the post, he is starting at university soon so we have lost that luxury.

Is there any way that the post office can hold your post until you return, is there any such system already in place?

Many Thanks

BRIAN.

We also use Post Office /Royal Mail 'keepsafe'.....it works well,and they deliver as previously agreed. If you return earlier than planned, you can phone them and as long as you can give a day or so notice they will deliver to suit your needs.

We too have all bills paid by DD, but in many cases, and especially where , as in our situation, we live in a flat, the letter boxes are far from 'secure', and I would not wish to leave mail box overflowing, or anything where it would be obvious that a property is temporarily unoccupied.

Remember, also, to check your House/ Property insurance, as many policies only allow a limited humber of 'unoccupied days' (often 30 days only) unless someone regularly checks the property.

Archived