parking in chester (part 2 )

trickydicky

hi everyone, just got back from chester.had a wonderful time (no rain).found the "little roodee" carpark easily. it was just as you all said, 5mins walk from chester,always other m/h's there, very quiet, barrier down at 10.30 for the night. no problems at all.

i will mention though the charges. when we got there we parked in the coaches/lorry bays as our m/h takes up 2 car bays.i went to pay (£10 for over 6hrs,£5 overnight).luckily for me the pay booth wasn't working and there was someone there mending the ticket machine,so i enquired if we were ok where we had parked. he told us, no, we should use a car bay (even though we were overhanging) and just pay for a car ( £5.90 over 6hrs,£1.50 overnight). he said everyone did that and we would be ok. so that's what we did,and saved ourselves nearly £15. i did notice though that there were a few bays along the river edge of the carpark that were longer and m/h's tended to use these if they were free.it's such a shame more councils don't allow us to use their carparks, they are usually in a prime position and saves having to worry about transport to and from a campsite etc.

trickydicky - 2009-07-25 3:01 PM

(snip)

it's such a shame more councils don't allow us to use their carparks, they are usually in a prime position and saves having to worry about transport to and from a campsite etc.

This has been discussed on many other threads of course but always worth another visit. Councils will only change their attitudes if they see a positive outcome.

Perhaps you might like to write to your local council and/or those in areas you like to visit using your trip to Chester as an example of how much economic benefit the city gained - and other councils could gain.

Graham

Hi Trickydicky, we cycled from our home just over the Welsh Boarder along the river and on to the Roudee Car Park (which one were you) there were 8 motorhomes parked there 2 Italian 1 Irish the rest from UK. The weather was beautiful, the sad new is to make use of the Roudee while we can as Planning permission has just been granted for a new theatre to be built on the site, they are bringing Chester up to City of Culture status and lots of work is ongoing.

It might be a idea to drop a email to Chester CC saying what a useful facility it is when we use it then when eventually it goes they may provide facilities else where in the city. Carol.

Archived