Ford based with rear lounge

jasnelgrove

A bit put off looking at Fiat based so now looking at Ford - as our last Transit was good.

Wondering if anyone had recomendation for rear lounge model (2 berth), we have found the slightly cramped space based around drivers seat as in Dethleffs, Hymer etc not so comfortable - we think anyway...

It would be nice to have option of two singles or double and around/under 7m...

John

Autosleeper Legend, Monocoque GRP body, Ford Transit 150 diesel, automatic rear wheel drive, rear lounge, two 'pull-out to first click' singles, or one double pull out singles all the way to 'second click'. Double over cab if required but I don't carry it, kitchen up front near side, bathroom and wardrobe up front off side. Mine is N reg 1996 worth about £18000, just had new Cam belt c/w tensioners £150 so service and repair bills reasonable cost. On steep mountain roads on a bad day 24 MPG, Long run on motorways 30 MPG. Cruises at 60 nice and smooth but can cruise at 70 if required still nice and smooth, can do 80+ so got to watch-out when overtaking a line of trucks. More comfortable to drive than my car.

Ranger - 2009-07-26 5:31 PM

Autosleeper Legend, Monocoque GRP body, Ford Transit 150 diesel, automatic rear wheel drive, rear lounge, two 'pull-out to first click' singles, or one double pull out singles all the way to 'second click'. Double over cab if required but I don't carry it, kitchen up front near side, bathroom and wardrobe up front off side. Mine is N reg 1996 worth about £18000, just had new Cam belt c/w tensioners £150 so service and repair bills reasonable cost. On steep mountain roads on a bad day 24 MPG, Long run on motorways 30 MPG. Cruises at 60 nice and smooth but can cruise at 70 if required still nice and smooth, can do 80+ so got to watch-out when overtaking a line of trucks. More comfortable to drive than my car.

Re Ford Transit, maybee Nick could let us all know why he dosn't like Ford.

I am sure even we Ford owners would be pleased to know about any potential problems so we could keep a lookout for them.

Mine (2008 Mk 7) has had the power steering mod done and a leaking fuel tank sender unit gasket replaced twice. I have now overcome the 1st gear stalling (by getting used to it) with 3000 miles on the clock. So not perfect but I had to get rid of my 2.3L Fiat.

So far I am happy - Time will tell of course !!!

I used Marquis, all ok so far. It seems to me that if you treat them well then they reciprocate in kind. Can only talk about the Hampshire branch.

All dealers have a policy, but it is how that is interpreted that matters.

Marquis is owned by Autosleeper who have recently been the subject of a management buy out to return it to UK ownership (As Before ). So in theory buying from Marquis should get warrenty work done and paid for in house.

I am sure that others have good experience of other independant retailers and will advise accordingly.

Good Hunting and enjoy.

As Sunbeam said, the Ford engine goes like a B out of H and is nice and smooth.

We bought from Marquis as they were the only dealer in the area who had a range of models in stock for us to view. I am not going to buy a new van from a catalogue or go to a show miles away to see something I may not like.

Check the fixtures and fittings carefully. We considered one of these when we were looking to change and got our Rimor instead - the kitchen worktop was already coming adrift and this was a new unused van! Also, the kitchen sink/cooker was very compromised.

Archived