Fron Caravan Park Anglesey, anybody been there?

Tomo3090

Ohh My goodness Dyth and George, we had a caravan there for many summers. If you go just remind them of David and Mandy, Beryl and Les and Mo and Brian, we where 3 couples who all had their vans on the back field for a number of summers as we water skied on the Menai straits.

Lovely couple, she used to do all her home cooking and sell it in the little shop, we could order warm corn beef pasties for when we got back from the freezing smelly water.

Can be a bit strict and stand no nonsense from anyone but security wise and cleanliness is second to none. I think they have a pool now in there, it was a dream George had when we where there. He likes his signs too!!

I am also going back 20 years so they may have sold up, gawd how time flies.

Have a great time and give them our love.

Mandy

We had a very pleasant couple of nights here. The site is VERY structured with rules for everything, not that this is a bad thing! e.g. children under 14 are not allowed in the dish washing area at all! Not just on their own, but even if they are with you!

The facilities are very clean and tidy, as is the park in general. There is a swimming pool although we didn't get to use it. They play area is very safe for children of all ages and is overlooked by the camping field. A family with teenagers was asked to leave the site because they were using the play area and upsetting the smaller children, they were also caught having a crafty fag in the toilets!

The access to the caravan/motorhome pitches at the back of the office block is very tight but if you line up properly and breathe in you will have no problems. There are 4 hardstanding pitches. These are level but if you have a van over 7 metres you will need to go in front first, otherwise your front wheels will be on a downslope.

The only downside was the showers cost 20p to get hot water. It lasts 6 minutes from when you put your coin in, so is prone to switching off suddenly with no warning. The water pressure was low so it was one of those that you need to move round to get wet! You are paying nearly 20 quid for a pitch, is a free hot shower too much to ask?

We chose this site because we were with our young niece so the play area was the main criteria so normally this type of site isn't really our thing. But if you have a family and want a nice secure safe site on Anglesey this could be the one for you. Type their name, FronPark into Google for their webpage.

p.s. It is the same people who have had it for over thirty years.

ROON - 2009-08-01 12:49 PM

Janine, I know you are going to Anglesey at some time in the future... I am going hopefully in September ..... but just been on their website

http://www.campsitescaravansites.co.uk/campsite-caravan-site6204.asp

and it says strictly no pets (?) Are you not taking the two little uns?

Joy

I'm going to Penrhos Caravan Club Site - dogs are welcome and there's a long bridleway running alongside it to walk them. (lol)

Archived