returning to the downsizing debate

jo scott

For those of you who didnt read the first flurry, I'd asked opinions regarding downsizing . . .not so much in size but in age and therefore value. Heaps of good advice and comment.

The upshot was I carved a three day gap and went away . .only two and a half hours up the road to Wick Farm, a CL on the edge of Burnham on Crouch. Great working farm, beautiful weather, decent pubs only 30 minutes away.

We had such a brilliant time that I came home, organised my website work, (I build sites for others) bought a dongle to give me wi-fi access(Orange/ £9 a month). . .and went straight back again last week. This time we were the only unit there, and so secluded we could have cavorted stark naked but I didnt want to scare the horses. In the evening . . .you literally couldn't hear a thing . . not even the gentle hum of distant traffic and that's quite an achievement in England.

I worked for three hours in the van till mid-morning, walked around the corner to balance laptop on barrel in the barn to upload and receive mail, (that's where the best signal could be had . . much to the amusement of the farm staff, horses and alpacas) . . .then took the rest of the day off.

Quick check again in the evening to see clients happy . . then off down the pub, a gentle 25 minutes away.

So thank you all . . .I'm back on track. It proves that you don't need to travel far to have a wonderful break and you can actually have your cake and eat it!

JO

www.broadstairsfoodfestival.org.uk is the latest baby :-D

Guest Tracker

Good for you Jo - well done!

The important thing in all this is that you are happy and content with what you have and what you do with it - and it looks as if you are - so good luck and enjoy!

Archived