Ford Base Auto Sleeper Amethyst 2006/7 model

Wellsgofar

Alan

I can't help with feed back, but MMM published a 'full' test-report of an Amethyst SL in the August 2002 issue and you should still be able to get a copy of this.

(The Ford Transit moved from Mk 6 to Mk 7 in August 2006, but I think no GRP monocoque-body Auto-Sleepers motorhome was built on the Mk 7 chassis. I may well be wrong about this, so, if anyone has a monocoque A-S on a Mk 7 Transit (or knows for sure that they exist), perhaps they could say, please.)

Re:- Autosleeper Monocoque bodies, I have been told that storage space on the production line was a problem. Built in sections the roof, sides and front and back leaning against a wall take up very little space compared to the whole monocoque body, makes sense???

Hi

The Amethyst is still listed on the Auto Sleeper web site. It is the only one with a monocoque body listed, at £49,495.00. Could be a long wait for delivery, A/S Rep. quoted 3 months for them to get the Ford chassis, then they have to build it. We have the Mk6 we also had the MK5. Good solid vans, with Ford RWD.

Regards

Thank-you all for the feed back,

Ranger,

Just had an email back from A/S re monocoque body,

The chassis cab was sent to a laminating manufacture ( Cheltenham Laminating ), where they make the body up from seperate moulds and laminate all pieces together and the body gets bonded and fixed to the cab, and then returned to A/S for its fit out.

Further info re comfort and handling would be gratefully received

Kind regards

Alan

Archived