Parking in Cardiff

tonyfletcher

Where are you overnighting?

You could do what I did last weekend and park at Roath Park and either walk into the City about 2 miles or catch the bus. There are 2 side roads linking Lake Road East and Lake Road West which are fine for a motorhome. If its a warm day you might have to arrive there before 11am as it can get busy.

The next couple of nights I stayed at the Municipal Camp Site at Sophia Gardens which is all about location, location, location. Its situated in a beautiful Park about 15 minutes walk from the City Centre. £17.50 per night.

Have a good trip. Cardiff is one of my favourite places; its a great City with many facilities and attractions located compactly around the City Centre.

Parking at city hall (is tollerated but not official) on weekends. see also http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asrevid=4154 this very close to city center.. Parking this weekend will be at a premium as all the parking around museum will be closed as it is Cardiffs big weekend the streets around the museum will be filled with a funfair and music venue. If you are looking to the city and not the bay for your weekend the campsite at Pontcanna fields is within walking distance of the city through the park.City hall will require a bus ride into the city. Beware Fixed speed cameras on approach to city and also Mobile ones are being set up for this weekend. Parking at city Hall down at the bay you can walk to the water front also the city if you About 20mins buses are regular into the city. I will be in the city this weekend with 100s of others it will be busy

• 6 years later...

Hi

I know this is a tough one, but we're from NZ and have hired a campervan to travel around the UK. We have a game on the 2 oct to go to. Anyone help us find a parking spot to spend the night. all camp sites seem to be fully booked

:'(

Mike88 - 2009-07-30 9:25 AM

You could do what I did last weekend and park at Roath Park and either walk into the City about 2 miles or catch the bus. There are 2 side roads linking Lake Road East and Lake Road West which are fine for a motorhome. If its a warm day you might have to arrive there before 11am as it can get busy.

The next couple of nights I stayed at the Municipal Camp Site at Sophia Gardens which is all about location, location, location. Its situated in a beautiful Park about 15 minutes walk from the City Centre. £17.50 per night.

Have a good trip. Cardiff is one of my favourite places; its a great City with many facilities and attractions located compactly around the City Centre.

I don't know how you stayed there for £17.50 a night. Perhaps you can let us know please.

On the official website which I have just checked (and from my past experience) prices per night are:

£27 - non EHU

£30 - EHU

On Bank Holidays and event days prices rise to

£35 - non EHU

£40 - EHU

pheefab - 2015-08-26 9:21 AM

Hi

I know this is a tough one, but we're from NZ and have hired a campervan to travel around the UK. We have a game on the 2 oct to go to. Anyone help us find a parking spot to spend the night. all camp sites seem to be fully booked

:'(

Cardiff will be a nightmare! Your best bet is to find somewhere in Penarth [on the cliffs maybe?] and get the train in. But you may need a taxi back if it's a late kick off.

Or try around the "retail parcs" on the outskirts of the city.

The quiet residential areas around Llandaff may be OK.

Have you searched all the campsites in Barry and Porthcawl?

Try emailing Cardiff City Council? I think that special P&R facilities may be laid on.

St Fagan's Open Air Museum on the outskirts charges £4 per day to park. Try emailing them to ask if you can overnight - but don't mention the Rugby! Say you want to visit the Museum. It's delightful anyway and free to enter, you pay only to park!!!

mel wood - 2015-08-26 9:58 AM

Mike88 - 2009-07-30 9:25 AM

I don't know how you stayed there for £17.50 a night. Perhaps you can let us know please.

On the official website which I have just checked (and from my past experience) prices per night are:

£27 - non EHU

£30 - EHU

On Bank Holidays and event days prices rise to

£35 - non EHU

£40 - EHU

Because my post dates back to 2009. That's 6 years ago so you would expect price rises in that time.

Billggski - 2015-08-27 5:51 PM

"Don't mention the rugby" this is Cardiff!!! as above I'd try the council information centre, they could be putting special parking on.

Try Llandaff rugby club, or even other local clubs.

IF you cared to read my post properly, the "don't mention the rugby" comment was in relation to a request to the St Fagan's Museum for overnight parking. It would be tactless to imply that watching the rugby and not a visit to the Museum was the intention of the person enquiring. And I suggested that a visit to the Museum would be of interest anyway. It was not made in the context of being in Cardiff at large.

I also suggested contacting the Council as I think that special P&R schemes are being laid on.

Re the post about Wales v New Zealand - the match in the Millennium Stadium that day is Georgia v New Zealand. Wales and New Zealand are in different pools so will not be playing each other - well not in the pool stages, and I doubt beyond!!! Yes, I am pessimistic. Most of us rugby fans in Wales enjoy watching the All Blacks play.

Parking in Cardiff on rugby international day .Very nearly impossible. Try county hall, also park and ride off m48. But most park and ride finish around 7pm google sports village.spaces around there by the ice rink/white water rafting .regular bus Number 9 from city center runs till mid night also Morrisons store there. Usually 1 or 2 motorhomes parked b there. Google earth for search

If you join the Caravan Club sharpish,they still have room at their site at Newport (Tredegar Park) just down the road from Cardiff

Would imagine the public transport links between Cardiff and Newport make it an easy journey.

It could be worth joining one or both the big camping club's in this country if you are here for the whole tournament,

OOPS Sorry forgot no way NZ will still be there at the end :-D

Only joking all the best

HWO( who lives in Rugby)

Sounds like Llandaff rugby club are opening up the rugby club and facilities for camping an motorhomes during the rugby world cup . overnight parking there for £20 a night.

Not sure if this is correct so contact them with this link or phone number. good luck

chris

http://llandaffrugby.com/contact_us

Llandaff Rugby Club

The Old Mill

Western Avenue

Cardiff

CF5 2AZ

Tel: 029 2056 2713

chris - 2015-08-27 11:36 PM

Sounds like Llandaff rugby club are opening up the rugby club and facilities for camping an motorhomes during the rugby world cup . overnight parking there for £20 a night.

Not sure if this is correct so contact them with this link or phone number. good luck

chris

http://llandaffrugby.com/contact_us

Llandaff Rugby Club

The Old Mill

Western Avenue

Cardiff

CF5 2AZ

Tel: 029 2056 2713

That would be ideal. The Millenium Stadium and City Centre etc are walkable from the rugby club through Llandaff fields.

Archived