Diesel Prices in France and Germany

Stevef

During our 3 week holiday (26 June-19 July), we travelled down the eastern side of France and the prices fluctuated, depending on location, between 92.9c and 99.9c, the dearest being nearer the northern coast (ie nearer to Calais).

spospe - 2009-07-31 5:56 PM

I hope that you did not cross the channel with your full 5 litre containers, for as far as I know all the ferry operators ban such practice as being dangerous.

of course I did! No more dangerous than forgetting to close the doors, or making me bob about outside Dover for two hours waiting for a berth!

Have you tried to make diesel spontaneously combust?

In the UK prices seem to remain static for fairly lengthy periods, but in France it appears to be the norm that the price of fuel fluctuates with each delivery. By way of example, in the last ten days, or so, Our local Intermarche has charged four different prices in the range of 96.4 to the Thursday's price of 99.9 centimes per litre. It is now down by 1 centime to 98.9. Petrol prices follow the same pattern.

It is, therefore, fairly difficult to say what price will be charged, say, one week from a past visit.

However, all these responses do give an indication of the prices available.

J

Archived