15inch LCD TV 230 / 12v

Guest bill h

I'm still searching for a TV! I've tried all the electrical shops and ASDA TESC etc NONE. I see at www.incardvd.uk.com they have one priced at £299.00. There's no UK address and I'm reluctant to buy, as it could be anyone !! Any clues or a better suggestion. bill h

Hi Bill, I have recently bought from Richer Sounds a Sharp LC13SH1E LCD tv (what a mouthfull!) which has a 13" screen. It cost £219.95 against the TSP price of £449.95. It has a very wide viewing angle - about 160 degrees and a great picture. A 13" screen suits my small 6m van conversion and whilst it is mains only it is still a good buy. Try their web site. Hope this helps. John S

Hi Bill, I have just received my March MMM. The enclosed subscriber newletter has a competition to win a Sevic 17" TV & DVD combi which is sponsored by incardvd, who are also offering MMM subscribers a discount. It sounds like a good offer but as I know NOTHING about digital I am wondering if these sets will work off a simple aerial and will they work when analogue TV ends? More information would be welcome. Roy.

The address, phone number and email contact details for Incardvd are all on their "contact us" web page as link below. www.incardvd.uk.com/content/contact.htm

Thnks for the replies. Yes in the March MMM is the very same 15inch TV and better priced too. Searching the details an address is offered in Wales. Possibly a small supplier who's bought in a batch of them. I shall order one of those, that hopefully has the backing of the MMM Magazine as a reputable business supplier of goods. bill h

Interesting. See, also, my posting of 16-2-06 on this conference. This concerns the new Avtex LCD tv with radio etc for £330. I have seen the tv in the shop in Cardifff and it looks good. I am seriously considering making a purchase of the Avtext LCD tv but will also think about the Sevic mentioned in the leaflet in MMM. Let us know which you decide to purchase.

Buying anything technical online - including LCDs - has a risk. The prices are so low because the online retailer takes a ridiculously small margin and goes for volume. Which is fine whilst everything is OK, but can give major problems since the margin is not enough to fund decent customer service. If you get your set in good condition, quickly and all works well, you will be another happy customer - and most/many are. If it arrives damaged or not working, you will often find no phone number (or one that's permanently engaged) and only an email address as a contact that may elicit replies or may not. Comparison sites like Kelkoo allow users to submit notes on each retailer and score them. Have a look at some of these for even well-known on-line retailers and you may conclude, as I have, that books, CDs and DVDs are one thing and anything technical is worth spending a few extra pounds on to give the retailer a margin that allows for some decent customer service. This is a general comment and not one specific to the online company mentioned in this posting thread, opf whom I have no personal knowledge.

Guest Mike Malolepszy
I bought a Relisys 15" lcd tv from online retailer dabs.com in October last year. It's a great set but when I connected a freeview box to it the picture kept going off after about 5 minutes. I tested the freeview with another tv and had no such problem. When I tried to speak to dabs for advice this is an impossible task as there is no telephone number its all done on the net. They wanted me to pack the set up at my expence and send it to them to look at. They said it would be returned in about 6 weeks so I just gave up and am using it on a normal arial connection. The moral of this is if you buy from an internet company check to see if they have a phone number that you can query anything on. Otherwise your savings will turn out to be costly. Mike

Archived