identify that motorhome!

jo scott

I'm sure I read of a compact motorhome (maybe autoquest or possibly autosleeper) where the owner said she liked the layout as she could walk through from cab to rear kitchen when the bed was made up. . . .can anyone identify the vehicle? or similar? 2 - 4 berth

It was probably of an age rather than modern.

Cheers!

JO

Jo

Logically, if there'a a low-level bed that crosses from one side of a motorhome to the other, and that bed is between the cab and rear kitchen, it's going to obstruct progress. Our Herald had side-settees that could be converted into single beds - that didn't obstruct movement between cab and rear kitchen - or a crossways double-bed that did.

Only thing I can think of is if your 'mystery' motorhome's bed were high-mounted. Plainly an overcab bed won't impede progress and you'd probably be OK when the sleeping accommodation is near the roof (eg. the original Hymer Exsis), or within a rising-roof design.

Found the article, but it doesnt make sense:

The photo shows two facing benches . . .but the text states " the overcab is alrge enough to accommodate two adults -although we usually mae up the main bed instead. Even when the bed is made up the layout allows for free passage from the cab all the way to the rear, which we like."

I dont understand that!

jo

SEE ATTACHED . . .The comment that puzzles me is from bottom of penultimate column to top of last column on Elddis_2

This has all become something of a curiousity rather than a necessity as I think we've decided its too small for us - weekends away maybe, but 3-4 weeks with cameras / laptop (I'm studying for an OU degrees so work in the van) . . .I'm not so sure.

Plus fuel consumption seems to be an issue as we get 30mpg from our Carioca 644

Archived