Rollerteam Granduca 141 electric step problem

rdking

Hello all,

Does anyone have any knowledge on how the electric step on the above van works?

Last week, the step appeared to retract too far, causing the bracket on the top of the motor/actuator to break off. I have now repaired the bracket, but need to know why the motor didn't switch off in time in the first place.

There is no sensor attached to the step itself (like on an Omnistep), so i'm assuming there is some kind of shut off device somehwere else. Does anyone know if there is some kind of sensor or shut-off switch within the motor/actuator or is this device within the vans wiring?

If it is a motor fault, does anyone know where i can find a supplier. The motor is from CIAR (Pescaro, Italy). Model: LM40.

Many thanks in advance,

Roger King

Roger,

I have no specific knowledge of this model but it sounds as though the limit switch is not operating.

There should be a switch on the step support which is engaged with part of the moving step. As the step comes into the "home" position, the switch should be moved to stop the motor bringing the step in too far.

Hope this is of some help.

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Roger, I have same problem with exactly the same motor, just wondering how you repaired the bracket as mine broke while driving and the top piece is missing. Check out www.ciar.it for info on the motor, thay have english pages, I have sent numerous emails but as of yet no reply, regards Eamonn

Hi Eamonn,

I don't know if yours has broken in the same place, but i made a 30x30x8mm plate with a 10mm hole for the pin. I glued this with Araldite into the remainder of the plastic bracket on the motor.

I also put a dowel through the plastic and the plate (3.5mm drill shank). Seems to be stronger than the original! (I have attached a photo)

I have been in touch with CIAR via email. They quoted 80 euros for the motor and another 40 Euros for delivery, but they are apparently on holiday for the whole of August which may explain why you have not had a reply yet.

Hope this is of help,

Roger

P8200305b.jpg.2b9e28930ecb09f66b0198ce183d9a56.jpg

Archived