Caravan Club-Canceled Ferry

nowtelse2do

Booked ferry beginning of Feb through CC, Dover to Dunkirk leaving 8th August, price £45 return. Had to cancel last Monday due to family problems. I e-mailed CC and told them, fully expecting not to get a refund due to being so close to sailing. Got e-mail back next day from CC saying that £30.02p will go back into my account within the next 10 days. They never asked for proof or the reason why I was canceling only what i told them (family problems.) I have managed to get on a site for 5 nights in Dorset and 6 nights in Cornwall so i will be able to get home in a few hours instead of a couple of days if need be, so setting of tomorrow (Sunday) and hope the phone don't ring. So thank you CC if you are reading this.

Dave   

Thats great. We once (the last time we have ever booked) booked with the camping club and paid our £25.00. Our campervan failed its M.O.T. and we had to wait for a week for the new shock absorbers to be fitted. The van is our only vehicle so we really were unable to go to the booked site. Apparently this is not a good enough reason for your deposit to be put into the holding fund. It seems that you can only have your money back if you die!!! After a lot of argument we did have a refund but it was all very unpleasant. We decided we would just turn up in future or perhaps phone in the afternoon if we think things may be a bit busy. This seems to work well and is lots less stressful.

Archived