elddis autoquest 320-D GT layout question

jo scott

I read this in a rival mag and it doesnt make sense. . .can any elldis autoquest owner explain?

The articel photo shows two facing benches . . .but the text states " the overcab is large enough to accommodate two adults -although we usually mae up the main bed instead. Even when the bed is made up the layout allows for free passage from the cab all the way to the rear, which we like."

I dont understand that!

jo

I had this model and the over cab bed is ok for 2 adults and the 2 facing dinette seats make up into a double also the side bench is ok for a single . You can also make the dinete double up with the side bench to make one big double

jo

Perhaps you could say which magazine the article appeared in?

If the 'main bed' were made up using the dinette seating and side bench (as MickT advises can be done), then it's hard to see how free passage from cab to kitchen would be practicable. So it's possible that the Autoquest's owner just constructs a narrower, lengthways double-bed using just the dinette seating. That would leave the aisle between dinette and bench unobstructed (and handy for the sleeper on the outside of the bed to fall into!)

I think one might be able (with made up bed) to go freely from cab to rear-kitchen in some panel-van conversions (eg. IH Oregon), where the lengthways double bed is constructed from an L-shaped side-seating layout.

We have an Autoquest 100.

When the dinette bed is made up it is possible to move between it and the side bench but it is more of a shuffle rather than a walk.

I've never had occasion to try to get into the cab area with the bed set up but I think it would be possible though perhaps a bit of a struggle.

Graham

Unfortunately I cant get an attachment to work or I'd send you the article. In case you have the mag it was April 2009, Practical Motorhome, pages 146 - 147

Its all more of a curiosity than a solution now as we've decided that - having a similar one at the weekend (in shocking conditon - hadnt even had the mud brushed out) its probably too small for anything other than weekends for us.

We travel light on clothes but heavy on technology as I'm a freelance photographer/feature writer / web builder / third party hoster plus studying for a OU degree

JO

Archived