Camping at Whitby

armstrongpiper

Ho Ho - very witty!! Actually, there are places to stay in and around Whitby such as Sandhouse Farm. While here, I'll just mention that I've tried to interest Scarborough District Council in relaxing their rules about

overnight parking, but they seem to hate M/Hs and won't consider the matter. Their initial banning of M/Hs in the Park and Ride facilities has, though, been reversed I'm told.

Neil B

Neil B

Overnight parking is a problem at Scarborough as many other towns but dont knock the Council. I wrote last year to ask if they could set up dedicated motorhome parking on North Bay next to the Toll House where long bays could be accommodated and they said they would look into it. So not against motorhomes only overnighters! We will be going there later this month so will check and see if anything has happened. Re Whitby. Sandfield House Farm is an excellent site and a good walk to Whitby.

I don't know if Scarborough Council has made any changes to on-street parking for motorhomes recently. However, it is correct that, following representations, they decided to allow motorhomes to use the new P&R facilities.

I've never tried taking our van into Scarborough and I wouldn't like to. It's bad enough driving - and trying to find somewhere to park - there in a car :-) I would definitely use the P&R if in the van.

Just a comment on the initial post in this thread. There is another thread with the same title in which the OP apologised for pressing the wrong button and starting this thread with a blank post.

Graham

Archived