Awning for motorhomes

4petedaniel

With luck I finally have it sorted. Ordered a Fiamma drive away attatchment from World of camping who sent me one only 6ft long for a awning 2.60 meters. when I phoned said they would sent correct model.

after a weeks wait phone again. no one knew any thing about it. but agreed to send me a replacement express delivery. arrived to day. Now I need a bit of good weather to try it out. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for your disappointment Pete. I, too, am waiting to try out my new awning (Outdoor Revolution), the replacement for the 260 which was lost in the storm (see post above). Like you I have bought the Omistor adaptor from my local camping shop (cheaper than advertised on the website) and I am looking forward to trying it out. It certainly appears to be the answer to "threading through" difficulties.

Re the insurance claim for the damaged awning, I checked again yesterday with Saga and I was told correctly i.e. that any claim has to bear the £200 excess. This seems to make a mockery of their claim to cover gas bottles etc. and means, I presume, that it would count towards the 2 claims in so many years to preserve my no-claims bonus.

Has anyone else had to claim on m/h insurance for camping gear I wonder and did they have to pay the excess?

Patricia - 2009-09-15 10:06 AM

Sorry for your disappointment Pete. I, too, am waiting to try out my new awning (Outdoor Revolution), the replacement for the 260 which was lost in the storm (see post above). Like you I have bought the Omistor adaptor from my local camping shop (cheaper than advertised on the website) and I am looking forward to trying it out. It certainly appears to be the answer to "threading through" difficulties.

Re the insurance claim for the damaged awning, I checked again yesterday with Saga and I was told correctly i.e. that any claim has to bear the £200 excess. This seems to make a mockery of their claim to cover gas bottles etc. and means, I presume, that it would count towards the 2 claims in so many years to preserve my no-claims bonus.

Has anyone else had to claim on m/h insurance for camping gear I wonder and did they have to pay the excess?

Hi Pat

I had a camervan stolen in France never got a penny from the insurance provider as they said that I had not left it in a secure position

as I had left it in a field while we went for a walk.

Archived