lytham st annes parking

trickydicky

we have just been to st.annes after being imformed that we could park now legally in a choice of four carparks 24 hours a day.we got to the first carpark "north promenade" just north of the newly erected les dawson statue early saturday morning,only to find it states clearly "no motorhomes" and there are marked out bays.( i had been told by the parking officer that we could park here and there were no marked out bays). my husband wouldn't chance parking even though i assured him we could, so we proceded to the fairhaven rd car park, where we could have taken two bays, and stayed overnight,only to find this was full. we then gave up and parked on a side street for the day, coming home in the evening, where we would have liked to have stayed the night (again allowed in these four carparks.) whether it would be safe to do this is another issue,especcially if by yourself.

anyway, i have now emailed the parking officer and told him of my findings.i will let you all know what the outcome is, as i'm sure it would benefit a lot of you also, if you want to visit st.annes.i have also put it to him that the north promenade car park would make an excellent site to transform into a "motorhome only" parking area with perhaps coin operated fresh water,waste disposal,maybe even electricity,night time lighting etc.(just like you get when you go to france).i also pointed out the potential extra revenue they would receive from this.i await there reply.

watch this space.

Fylde Council told me last month:

"Motorhomes are permitted on the following car parks: Stanner Bank, Fairhaven Road, St Paul's Avenue and North Beach. Motorhomes are not permitted in the coach bays at Fairhaven Road. All other car parks within the Borough prohibit the parking of motorhomes.

Notices are being prepared for the 4 car parks to advise motorhomes of how to park and what is expected, i.e.to pay for each bay they occupy, not to obstruct the running area of the car park etc. "

It may, therefore, be the case that notices have still to be altered.

Whilst it is possible to park a vehicle for up to 24 hours, overnight sleeping is not permitted. Clause 14 of the Council's Off-Street Parking Places(Consolidation) Order 2007 (available on the Council web site) reads:

"No person shall use any part of the parking place or any vehicle left in a parking place –

(a) for sleeping or camping purposes;

(b) for eating or cooking purposes; or

© for the purposes of servicing or washing any vehicle or part thereof other than is reasonably necessary to enable that vehicle to depart from the parking place."

Well done for putting forward the suggestion re North Promenade car park. I hope you are successful.

Graham

i contacted both fylde & Blackpool council a couple of years ago, when it first became an issue, and suggested overnight parking, after a lot of emails back & forth, I heard no more, I do hope that i have had an influence, & that some one from the council will contact me and let me know. ( i won't hold my breath though) :-D

Pete

Archived