motorhome mice!

wild rover

Is it possible to have mice living in your MH? Our alarm has gone off a few times over the weekend, and someone suggested that it might be caused by mice moving around inside the MH. We haven't seen any droppings, and I would have thought that mice wouldn't set up their home in something that moves about.

Pam

Not sure if they can set the alarm off unless they chew thru the wiring. It is possible for them to live in a Motor home. On returning to France after flying back, I had left my motor home parked up outside my Mobile home on a site in winter. I found that a family of field mice had made themselves at home in both the Motor and Mobile home.

They caused some considerable damage though luckily not to the vehicle itself. Mostly to clothes in the wardrobe and items stored under the seats.

It was no problem getting rid ofthem, just put some quick acting poison down and then collected 6 little furry bodies. It tok a long time to get rid of the smell and droppings. You are never sure if you find them all as they get everywhere.

Never had the problem since as I leave some Mice poison down when not in use, also sealed up the ventilation hole they got thru as it was not near a gas appliance. They had chewed thru the plastic grille.

Clive.

Mobile mice, why not, they like visits to the country as well as you , if they miss a ride they simply wait for your return.

Put some traps around baited with peanut butter. Then at least you can explain to the neighbours who it was.

Archived