What choices have we got....?

Beancounter

Given the Fiat/Peugeot/Citroen mechanical "issues", just what is left for us to consider?

We'll probably be looking for a coachbuilt up to 6m long, up to about 4 years old.

Suggestions?

Or do we have to trust those nice men in France and Italy who smile and say everything is fine.....?

(I confess to only reading about half of the 33 pages of the Fiat thread, so sorry if I've missed the answer)

Thanks

John

Hi,

My mate had a Renault Savanah. He was puzzeled by why Renault made their wiper arms out of gold, then painted them black. A new wiper arm cost him over £30 after VAT, and that was several years ago.

John,

I agree,there is only a restricted choice if you (in my opinion,Sensibly) avoid ALL vans on Sevel bases produced since the 'new big Chin' one in late 2006, the situation is still ongoing, some seem to be fixed ok, some not, but how would you know until it's too late? I know that lay-out is important but that counts for nothing if the vehicle can't reverse without destroying it's gearbox or clutch or both.

And the converters are still 'pumping them out' without a real fix in place, and they are still selling....lots of them.

It's all very well saying 'I forget when i last had to reverse up a hill'

It could be tomorrow.

Get a Volkswagen, a Mercedes a Renault or a Ford as a preferance or a 'Facelifted' Sevel of 2005/6 , they had just got it roughly right(although it still blew a gale through the cab doors) Then they went and changed it. *-) *-)

Archived