Skiing in a motorhome

Hi,

The best advice is to go to the website www.motorhomeski.com

This will provide you with all the information you will need.

When we have been skiing in the French Alps and the French Pyrenees we have we have stayed on Aires de Service. Les Gets has a good Aire as does

La Tania.

Most resorts have a ticket office next to the the lifts. Most people speak English.

Campsites in the Winter can be expensive and not so convenient as the Aires.

We have not experienced ski clothes getting wet and needing to be dried out.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Peter.

wendygoinggetstough - 2009-08-15 4:52 PM

We fancy a skiing holiday over Christmas 2009/New Year 2010. We have a winterised Hymer, and would value recommendations for campsites and info on how to purchase lift passess etc.

My main concern is how to dry skiwear, as it will not tumble dry. :-)

Difficult to recommend campsites unless you know where you wish to go. I ski about 8-10 weeks in the winter at a place called St. Gervais Le Bain which is handy for a lot of other resorts as well. I have a friend who skis their and parks his van in the lift station car park for the whole of January although their is an aire in the town. Their is a good campsite at Les Contamines, not sure of name but google the village am sure it is on their website. You can buy a liftpass in any resort from ticket office and some, like St Gervais you can buy on line with a big discount if you purchase before end of October. Wet skiwear does happen, it can rain on you even in the winter, but if decent quality it dries really fast and just hung in the bathroom for a few hours is usually fine, less if you have blown heating in there.

Archived