Nesting Saucepans

alistair

Can anyone out there suggest where in the we could buy a set of three non-stick and preferably stainless steel saucepans and lids that nest? Removable or folding handles would be desirable as well. We have three ordinary saucepans that will not nest inside each other because of the handles, and will not nest on top of each other because the lids do not sit securely in their saucepans when the lids are inverted and sat in the top. I can rememeber seeing a set with folding handles advertised a year or two ago, but they were quite expensive and I haven't seen them for a while. Space is limited in our small van so anything to reduce the space taken up by our saucepans would be welcomed.

Don't be misled by the New Zealand location indicated in the information at the side of this post - we are touring the UK and keep our motorhome in Dorset when we're back in NZ so we want a UK source of such items.

Thanks.

Alistair

Alistair

I'm doubtful that 'nesting' non-stick stainless-steel saucepan sets are available. These things tend to fall into the cheapish camping product category and are usually of simple aluminium construction. A GOOGLE-search using "saucepans nesting" retrieves several examples. For instance:

http://www.chasesmith.co.uk/brands/Tracpac/Camping/Cooking_Pots_Pans/b1474/sc1405/p559.aspx

http://www.sunnflair.com/cooksets_cookware_kettles/cooksets

These sort of things aren't as popular in the UK as they are in France. We bought a set of three Tefal Eureka Optimal nesting pans plus a detachable handle and one multi fit lid in France 15 years ago and they are still going strong, even though we spend around 6 months in the 'van each year and my wife does a lot of "proper" cooking. You can buy these and other similar products at around 60€ a set. The Ingenio brand is another good one. This web site has both teflon coated and stainless steel versions, if you can follow the french or use google translate -

http://www.cuistoland.com/Php/index.php?at=4&tri=sku%20desc&l2=12&ssfami=205&fami=2&action=&rech=&marques=

They are available in France. Tefal make them as a set in aluminium with non-stick interiors and with removeable clip on handles.

They also produce a set of fryingpans to the same design. Fit-all lids are also available.

Having used one of the frying pans in the house for the last four/five years I have found the non-stick surface very durable. Two points, always use plastic tools and do not immerse in cold water when the pan is hot.

Philip Harben (TV chef in the 60's) marketed a set in lightweight aluminium with non-stick but the quality was quite inferior to what Tefal now produce. That said, I know someone who still uses these in his Carlight, not much nonstick left though.

Looking at the web address above they may be willing to send you a set, worth a try.

Enjoy your tour.

Tefal do non stick saucepans with folding handles etc. They are called tefal Compact. They are quite expensive but we got a set 18 months ago and they are brilliant. Not only do they take up comparatively little space they really are non stick and clean up really easily. We got ours from John Lewis in a sale but Argos do a set of 3 for about £70.

Hi Alistair

we got the Tefal saucepans mentioned by Jasper and they are fantastic.

However while nesting they did rub so we bought these saucepan inserts from the kleeneze/Betterware books that come through the letter box and that stopped them from rubbing. Really good quality and my husband is very fussy about his tools.

Got them from Argos but may be cheaper online etc.

Phantom

Archived