orrible seats

kevin hawkins

hi our camper a ford transit autosleeper uses the front seats for the bed and they are horrible if travelling even a short way

has anyone had this problem and found a answer i dont want to replace the seat if i can avoid it have tried memory foam no better.

any help much appreciated

kind regards kevin :-(

I assume your motorhome is still a 1990 Frisky.

I'm pretty sure Auto-Sleepers replaced the original Ford cab-seats on their early Transit-based motorhomes to permit the seats to be better used as part of the sleeping arrangement. This compromise resulted in seats that provided generally poor support when driving due to the flatter seat cushions. It might be worth having the presesent seats rebuilt (after all, they are almost 20 years old) to introduce more support. Otherwise you might try attaching a 'sports seat' cover to see if that helps.

Unfortunately, vehicle seats can appear hopeless ergonomically but prove comfortable for many drivers, or look marvellous and be murder for others.

I have no solution to offer but it is a problem I suffered in a Mercedes estate in the 90s. They said their seats were soft enough to be comfortable while being hard enough to keep you awake. Many Merc owners used far less polite language about them when on a long run! Eventually Mercedes had to conceed they had dropped a clanger with their seats and they became softer. But I was not prepared to try one to find out, nor were many friends who also suffered. So even top of the range motors can have the same problem.

Archived