gas bottles in Europe

Guest pete

Guest Derek Uzzell
I get the impression you may believe that UK exchangeable gas bottles (such as those marketed by Calor) can be echanged outside the UK. This is not the case. Searching the forum on "gas in europe" (omitting the quotes) will retrieve my lengthy posting of 10/12/2005 when I attempted to summarise the current situation. If you've got something else in mind - like the best make of refillable gas bottle to use, or the best make of Frence or Spanish exchangeable bottle, perhaps - then you'll need to say.

Guest Yorkshire Tyke
Gas bottles across Europe ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE EXCEPT for the camping Gas range UNLESS you have a new van with the standard Regulator and connector Then (from what I am given to understand) you get a bottle with a connector for each country that you visit HOWEVER we go for Three to Four months at a time on two small (are they 3.4kg - dont know I just change them - but thet are the smallest) Propane bottles We always come back with one empty & one part full - taht we empty on weekends away We dont eat out in cafes

Archived