Fiat Swivel Seat Lock.

carebear

Anybody got problems with the new mechanism on the swivel seats they fitted after the recall.

My passenger seat all of a sudden will not lock into place.

In forward position, THIS IS DANGEROUS.

Never had a problem with them before the recall, think these ones since the the change are flimsy terrible system.

Wondering if i should contact Fiat regarding this matter.

Dont know if they will get this matter recified.

You've already said it yourself 'This is Dangerous' get it back to whoever carried out the work (and kick him where it hurts). Don't take any 'Bring it back a week next Wednesday' Rubbish, get him to sit in the seat and take him for a fast drive around a roundabout. that should convince him. to do it while you wait. *-)

Hiya Rayisi

My problem is i only bought this van in May, so dont know where this van came from, previous to the dealer.

When asked for the previous owner details regarding other matters, was blocked due to Data Protection, registration documents came back in Dealers name.

Brick wall situation.

We had our previous van seats done, but cannot take this van back there, think maybe its best to get intouch with Fiat.

Thank you all.

The van is 2005, it has had the work done through the recall system as the fitments now have an Orange LEVER on the passenger seat, and Red on the drivers seat, they are original Fiat Swivel Seats.

These are the same fittings we had exchanged on our previous Kontiki through recall.

davenewell@home - 2009-08-20 9:27 PM

To the best of my knowledge Fiat didn't actually make a seat swivel in 2005, if I'm correct then the swivels fitted to your 'van must be third party units. Take it back to the dealer that supplied it to you and insist politely that they correct the situation.

D.

I have seen on sale at a dealer loads of the exchanged returns some with welded washer on lock pin others just as removed ??

Alf

alf - 2009-08-21 4:02 PM

To the best of my knowledge Fiat didn't actually make a seat swivel in 2005, if I'm correct then the swivels fitted to your 'van must be third party units. Take it back to the dealer that supplied it to you and insist politely that they correct the situation.

D.

I have seen on sale at a dealer loads of the exchanged returns some with welded washer on lock pin others just as removed ??

Alf

Relevance??

D.

davenewell@home - 2009-08-21 7:36 PM

alf - 2009-08-21 4:02 PM

D.

Alf

Relevance??

D.

None unless you've bought a duff one.

Archived