German emission zones again

DonB

We got our emissions sticker by applying on www.tuev-nord.de website.

You can download a form and send copy of your logbook by e-mail and they send the badge and an invoice for you to pay. They send it back almost by return. It cost 12euros and I sent euro notes in the post as this was cheaper than a credit card charge. It is cheaper to buy in Germany at 5 euros, but I personally was happy to pay for peace of mind of having it prior to my holiday and not having to worry about loosing precious holiday time sorting it out.

Rapido-lass - 2009-08-20 2:40 PM

We got our emissions sticker by applying on www.tuev-nord.de website.

You can download a form and send copy of your logbook by e-mail and they send the badge and an invoice for you to pay. They send it back almost by return. It cost 12euros and I sent euro notes in the post as this was cheaper than a credit card charge. It is cheaper to buy in Germany at 5 euros, but I personally was happy to pay for peace of mind of having it prior to my holiday and not having to worry about loosing precious holiday time sorting it out.

Agree with this, they even sent ours without paying just included an invoice and we put some euro,s in an envelope and posted it back to them. It arrived about five days after I sent the form and copy of logbook by email.

Thanks for this - just sent my application off.

I haven't done this before now because the other site I found previously wanted an awful lot more than 12 euros.

Whilst I was aware that you could do it at a TUV site for 5 euros I had read that it may not always work and it does assume that someone at the TUV station will be able to speak English - although a much more likely prospect than someone at your typical MOT garage here being able to speak fluent French or German!

Archived