Hymer Slide Out Scooter Rack

Barts

I have tried to get some information on how to secure a scooter to my Hymer Starline B550, 2001 model, without success. I have tried it on the motorhome facts forum and trying to get the notorious Brownhills (Hymer UK) to help, but no joy. Hence trying this forum.

1stly welcome to you.

We had one fitted to our previous m/home - B584 -.

Not cheap and also quit a heavy piece of kit. They actually remove part of the lower rear skirt on the van, so that it can slide in and fit flush, when not in use.

Please also be aware of your spare load capacity, and also take into consideration of the length of overhang you have on your particular vehicle.

We had ours fitted in Germany a few years ago. Hope this link gives you an idea.

http://www.movera.com/en/?navID=59&pID=1132&tpl=details&lang=2

Regards

Thai

Thank you for the welcome. Our rack was factory fitted by Hymer but unfortunately we haven't got any fixings to secure the scooter nor know how. Would you be able to help? I am going to try and attach a photo.

An error occured when I tried to attach the photo and the administrator has been informed, so will try again later.

Barry

Would be more than happy to help you or anyone.

Best and quickest bet would be to send me an e-mail rather than use the PM system on this site.

I'm away this week-end - Ripon - fly fishing!! so may not be able to respond until early next week.

Let me know what other parts you have with the slide out bike rack, and as you said, if you have a picture then that would also be very useful.

Thai

Barts - 2009-08-21 8:26 AM

Thank you for the welcome. Our rack was factory fitted by Hymer but unfortunately we haven't got any fixings to secure the scooter nor know how. Would you be able to help? I am going to try and attach a photo.

An error occured when I tried to attach the photo and the administrator has been informed, so will try again later.

Make sure you photo has been resized. There is a maximum limit, I think it is 100.

Barts

If your rack was a Hymer factory-fitted option, and turns out to be a significantly different design to the rack retro-fitted to Thai's B-584 (a possibility as the chassis will be different), then - assuming you haven't already tried this approach - you might be able to obtain advice from either of the UK Hymer clubs.

Barts

Thanks for your pic you sent via e-mail.

Exactly same rack as I had fitted to our previous van.

Full explanation sent via your e-mail, as I said, I can scan you the page from the Hymer catalogue showing part numbers for other items that you may need if you do not have them in your possession.

Regards

Thai

Archived