Reupholstery

pricky

I am considering having my Hymer reupholstered, in leather, by Regal Furnishings. I have read a number of reports from people who have used Regal and have been totally satisfied with the work done, however, I wondered if there is anyone who had their motorhome/caravan reupholstered by Regal, in leather some time ago and can say whether the work has stood the test of time and regular wear and tear.

Are you sure about having leather? I had a car with leather, very cold when you you first sit in during winter time, and liable to induce perspiration during hot weather. I had to cover the leather with a thick cotton seat cover for comfort. One car I had had two optional extras, one was manual gears instead of automatic, the other cloth upholstery instead of leather ( Vauxhall Senator ). Just a passing thought which you may have already considered..............

Hi there Pricky.

I have had re-upholstery jobs done now on two occasions by Regal and I can only add my voice to those who say that they do an excellent job.

I had my cab seats re-done there in half leather only 3 weeks ago and there is a young chap there at the moment who really does a first class job. I should point out that my existing cloth fabric had worn down, whereas the existing (half) leather had not.

In respect of whether your new leather will last, then I would suggest that this will largely be down to the quality of the leather that you specify or choose in the first place. I recommend that you do some research on the internet into leather types as some knowledge will help you in that respect and possibly enable you to get what you are looking for. There is lots of info available.

If you have the ability to specify a decent quality leather, then you will get a long lasting product. If you go merely looking for the lowest possible price, then of course, you are not likely to get the best quality materials. The choice of materials at Regal is down to you - and there is a good range to choose from.

Of course, much depends on how any individual will treat, clean and 'feed' the leather but my experience has been that Regal's leather products stand the test of time.

Nobby

Had our Concorde done by Regal while we waited. 75% Leather but fabric where your bottom goes! so its not cold in winter nor sticky in summer.

Posh leather from Bridge of Muir. Now the wife is happy.

From my viewpoint good firm, quality product and would go there again.

C.

Archived