Dometic Refrigerator RMT7655L

Dean

The interior light bulb has broken. Dometic no longer supply individual replacement bulbs. They supply only a replacement light assembly at a cost of about £24.

I have tried to source the bulb on the internet and at my local electrical dealer but without success.

Does anyone know of a source?

However, assuming it is an LED, it should not have failed.  After all, fridge doors do not spend much time open, and LEDs should last for several thousand hours - certainly far longer than the service life of the fridge! 

Either Dometic are getting their specification of the LED wrong, or they have bought some duff LEDs.  Either way, if two of you have experienced this failure, bearing in mind the cost of even the replacement lamp, I think Dometic should at least be asked to reimburse the cost.

Thank you for the lead. I have looked at the bulb and it appears to be the same but mine is definitely not an LED. Have ordered one on the offchance that it will fit. I am sure that it will.

Thanks again

Dean

Brian Kirby - 2009-08-24 6:02 PM

However, assuming it is an LED, it should not have failed.  After all, fridge doors do not spend much time open, and LEDs should last for several thousand hours - certainly far longer than the service life of the fridge! 

Either Dometic are getting their specification of the LED wrong, or they have bought some duff LEDs.  Either way, if two of you have experienced this failure, bearing in mind the cost of even the replacement lamp, I think Dometic should at least be asked to reimburse the cost.

Mine wasn't a failure - I broke it.....................

Archived