hi from berti in the rhone-alps

berti

Here's hoping the rest of your journey home is hassle free Berti. You certainly haven't put us off Italy - we have just decided our dates for next year - already marked on the new calendar - end of August / beginning of September.

Also marked - the flower festival in the Dutch bulb fields at the end of April (site booked when we visited one week late to see the blooms this year!)

Your adventures have just made us want to get up and go - thank you for sharing with us your ups and downs.

Jenny B-)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi everyone

brrrrr...really feeling the cold now

just to close the thread and let you know that we arrived home safely yesterday

thank you all again for your encouraging comments....

we had not had a conversation with another english person since leaving the malvern show in mid august ( 11 weeks ) so it was very cathartic to be able to recount our experiences to you

will do separate postings for costings / gas etc and reply to pm's over the weekend..i need to sort the repairs out and it's back to the grindstone on monday

next trip will be portugal for jan/feb/mar......

if i haven't been cast aside for a chap with an acsi card and a big winnebago !!!!

cheers everyone

berti

I also enjoyed the read berti :-D not sure it would inspire me to go to Italy though! it certainly does have a reputation though, I was regaling some of your story to one of my sisters just last week, she was married to an Italian she is now a widow, she said Genaro would never let her wear her gold necklace when they went out as it was common for young men on mopeds to snatch at them off the neck as they were driving past! and handbags.

I know what you mean about needing a long conversation in English :-) I felt like that after 6 weeks never mind eleven.

Archived