Small trailer tent

nightrider

Knight of the Road, When Carol (Hymer) gets back from her holidays she will be putting on a photograph of the smallest one I can imagine... it was photographed at the Malvern Western Show. I will give her a nudge to post it so that everyone can see it. It was unbelievable.

Joy

knight of the road - 2009-08-25 6:31 PM

Randonneur - 2009-08-25 5:24 PM

Dandy caravans at Ormskirk. There is one for sale on www.preloved.co.uk

Randonneur,

Thanks for that info, Ormskirk is not all that far from me, is that the name of the company "Dandy caravans"?

yes just google the name

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Malcolm, Hope you found what you were looking for at Ormskirk, but just bringing this thread to the top so that CarolHymer can put the photo on of the one we saw at Malvern. The man made it himself and it was unbelievable. :-D

Joy

We set off for Dorset on the friday night and the weather was atrocious, heavy rain and wind. Didn't fancy going over the Thelwall viaduct in the high winds, just my luck to have been blown over the side.

Once we had passed Thelwall the weather calmed down, when we checked into the C&CC site at Charmouth the weather was dry but dull and quite warm, on tuesday it was wall to wall mist so we just chilled out on site after that the weather was glorious. The site staff and facilities were superb, we tried to book another week but no chance, they were fully booked.

When I go away basically it is a busmans holiday I have my various ports of call, antique shops, art studios etc, over the years I have made the acquaintence of several proprietors of such places and always call in to pass the time of day and see what treasures they might have.

On Dorchester indoor market there is a girl called Allison who I have got to know very well over the last few years and she does the same kind of canal ware painting that I do, last year she asked me to bring some examples of my work to show her so I took 2 dozen board samples which impressed her, 12 were in the enamel medium and 12 were in acrylic painted in the American Tole style.

Allison has not perfected the 'fat to thin' style of canal ware roses where as I have, it is all in the flick of the wrist in doing the Anne Young style of traditional canal roses, so all in all in was a good trip out.

Archived