Leaking cassette toilets(Flushing water holding tank)

fred22

Fred. Flippin' 'eck! I have baeen trying the search engine for the last fifteen minutes so I could try and help you and I too am having problems. So can't help but just to let you know it isn't your computer or access .... it must be the site. After trying to search, had immense difficulty getting back to the normal site too. 8-)

ROON - 2009-08-26 6:53 PM

Fred. Flippin' 'eck! I have baeen trying the search engine for the last fifteen minutes so I could try and help you and I too am having problems. So can't help but just to let you know it isn't your computer or access .... it must be the site. After trying to search, had immense difficulty getting back to the normal site too. 8-)

Hi thanks for trying, glad to know it's not just me.

I never seem to have much luck with searches, it always sends a message stating that the moderators have been informed but, from a personal point of view, nothing changes.

Hi Roon, you must be one of the chosen few to be able to work the search engine.

I have looked at your reference and this has given me food for thought as I always travel with water in the flush.

Has anyone had a leak, I have a damp patch about halfway up the wall and, although I have had the corner sealed, I am not convinced it's from outside.

fred22

The first thing that needs to be established is whether or not the flush-water tank is the culprit. To do this, you could try putting a 'dye' colorant in the flush water - then, if the damp patch becomes coloured, you'll know it's being caused by the flush water.

If the problem is flush-tank-related, then either a seal has become faulty or the tank itself is damaged. As you will be aware, Thetford advise against travelling with water in the flush-tank, but plenty of people do, seemingly without resulting problems. However, if you do habitually travel with a full flush-tank, it would be sensible to cease doing so.

Are you sure it's not something simple, like water getting in where the flush-water filler-point pierces your motorhome's bodywork? If your damp patch is, literally, "halfway up the wall", then logically the water ingress is likely to commence towards the top of the patch.

Archived