15inch TV 230 - 12v (again)

Guest bill h

Thanks to those who were concirned about after sales service. The company in the loose MMM flyer have their phone and address available so I discussed it all today and ordered one. All I need is a basic set. It will go into test as soon as it arrives and I'll post the info. I would assume that MMM are guaranteeing the product as they allow its entry in their pages. There are two differences to the advert for the 15inch. -1- its .99p less in money. -2- there is a postage cost of around £5.45p. bill h

Bill glad you have found what you want. I had an old posting about 7 inch TV's and said I tried to purchase one from a company called TGincar. Don't touch them with a barge pole. They have gone to ground, thankfully not removing the money from my Visa. Tried sending a recorded delivery letter to cancel the order - e-mails and phone calls were not responded to. I gather there are many very unhappy people looking for them up here. My first bad experience. But I was very lucky too, they could have taken the money!

"I would assume that MMM are guaranteeing the product as they allow its entry in their pages." I think you will be wrong to make this assumption. There is no way MMM can test every product that manufacturers wish to advertise. All adverts are I guess accepted in good faith, but that is about as far as it goes. Talking to someone who has purchased one is a good thing to do. But you look like being the guinea pig for this one! Good luck we look forward to your report.

I'm afraid Clive is dead right; no periodical or newspaper gives any guarantee on products advertised unless they are actually selling them under their own name. (The Daily Tel has such offers from time to time). The best guarantee you will get is to buy on your credit card which typically does offer cover under the Consumer Credit Act on purchases over £100.

Message from the TV guinea pig, as a side line they're wonderfull animals for security, the first indication of a person near them and they squeak like hell !! Geese are another but minus the squeaking. Regarding MMM and advertising. In these instances any publisher who includes an advert in there magazine loose or otherwise should be liable for any faults that occur. They (MMM) or whoever makes a decision to include such a product should therefore be held responsible if it fails. If a ruling was made to this affect maybe we would be receiving less rubbish through the post. At the moment if there's a problem I shall be round their door like a shot. (Swansea). bill h

Guest Mel E
Bill, what I've told you is the law - sorry if you don't like it. When you buy something your contract is with the seller and not the periodical that advertised it. Get your MP to change it and then watch every periodical shut down. What you are asking for is impractical. By all means make the journey to their door (in Bourne, Lincolnshire), but it will be long and wasted.

Guest bill h
I have no complaints, the door I was referring to is the door of the TV advertiser in Wales. I often travel to Swansea and its just around the corner from where I go. bill h

Guest Will Redfearn, Wirral Motorhome Club
Surely The Mail Order Protection Scheme (MOPS) will be in operation.

Archived