Trip to southern Spain

peter21

Hi all

We are planning a trip to Southern Spain in the middle 2 weeks of November...our first trip abroad in a motorhome...and would appreciate recommendations of places to stay in the Malaga/Almeria/Cartagena coastal or inland area. We would prefer the smaller, quieter sites (no children with us). we have a 24 foot rapido and plan to take the Portsmouth ferry to Bilbao, and maybe spend one night in central Spain to break the journey to the S coast.

thanks

Peter

hi, we went on our first ever trip abroad (to spain) in jan/feb this year,with the intention on starting in benidorm and travelling up to malaga and maybe beyond.we loved it in benidorm so much we ended up staying 2 months,with a 2 week gap inbetween when we ventured a bit further south to alicante, santa pola and mazzaron.we had a fantastic time and are planning on similar again this coming new year.the main reason we loved benidorm was because there was plenty going on there,where the other resorts were pretty dead.( proberbly won't have that problem when you are going).we also stayed in a lovely mountainous campsite just outside alicante which i would highly recommend if you like scenic, quiet little villages.it is in the acis book,but can't recall the exact name now.(will look it up if interested).if i can help with any other questions i will.

happy holidays.

Just got back from Spain (See my post on 'Sites Speak'). did not go as far South as Malaga but if you are passing anywhere near Madrid on way down try the site at El Escorial.

Try and get hold of ACSI DVD which can be downloaded to a laptop. It is a brilliant resource and as I discovered, gives very accurate GPS co-ordinates.

Thanks Tricky....yes, we'd love to know the name of the campsite outside Alicante that you liked. We have also heard good reports of the countryside around Murcia...anyone been there recently?

We looked at the ACSI site; the camping card that they do seemed a good deal but unfortunately they are now sold out until the 2010 edition.

thanks Geoff and Momma for you inputs....I will head off to your threads..Peter

Thanks momma...that post on your Spanish trip is really useful. Its good to get details like distances too buses/trains from the sites, etc., and the information about distances and tolls.

On another matter....will the hookup cable I use for electricity here in the UK work in Europe? Or do we need to buy an adaptor?

Peter

Archived