Storing a lafuma chair

Poppy

I need one of these as I have a bad back and nothing else is really comfortable.At themoment we have a garage model van so storing it isn't really a problem.We are looking to change however and I don't fancy traveling it in the body of the van or the toilet compartment if we don't get a garage.Any sugestions?

Ours go in the shallow but fairly spacious rear locker of our Autotrail Dakota - where the spare wheel used to be, when they provided one. *-)

The other place you could put it - under a fixed bed - not always the best place with a bad back though, or if you have an overcab bed area you could try there (ensuring it is nicely "tucked in" of course so it doesn't come down when you are driving.)

;-)

We store our chairs under the fixed bed, it means that we have to take them out from inside the motorhome as they are a tad wide to get them comfortably through the outside locker door which we find more awkward than access from indoors which doesn't strain my back.

Just a thought - if you are looking for a new motorhome and think you have found it, why not try finding a storage place for the chair and seeing how easy it is to access, as this is a major necessity for you.

We store ours in the garage, beneath the bespoke dog kennels. They are very light in weight and so would be ok in an o/head bed. Are you buying the chair or the lounger? We wanted something to fit both purposes and found the loungers weren't all that great to use when eating at a table - you can't get close enough to the table. We ended up with chairs and matching stools which when combined are great for lounging/lying back with your feet up (if your bad back is up for this kind of relaxing). The chairs are perfect for dining and the little stools also double up as little tables for tea/coffee/books. Both fold to quite a narrow "depth" so would probably fit behind front seats too.

ike

I do not have Lafuma Chairs so do not know how flat they are when folded. However, we have the usual standard (okay cheap) folding reclining chairs with removable cushions. We store them (Cushions On) underneath the rear fixed bed and can access them either internally or externally. Our external locker is at a height so that if you place them near the locker door you do not have to bend too much to get them out. We have a Swift Kontiki 665.

As an aside, our chairs have just about had it now and we have looked at the Lafuma's, however, they are quite expensive and I wonder whether they are really worth that much outlay (They do look nice though) :D

We carry lafuma chairs, but dought that you could have slide out draws in the side of the van. The chairs are just too bulky for that.

We store ours in the overhead bed area, together with a large roll out windbreak,empty 5 gal water container and all the bedding, one of the main reasons for choosing the overhead luton design.

We like the look of low profile coachbuilts, but they do not offer the vast amount of storage of the luton design, providing you keep the total weight up there to a sensible level.

As always, its about compromise.

Archived