m.p.g

derek pringle

Not good on the technical stuff, Derek, but I would imagine that it varies considerably journey to journey depending on how heavy your load is.

I have noticed that just driving with only half a tank of deisel and an empty water tank and no packed driveaway awning in the van makes a heck of a difference on mpg with my own van. Maybe someone smarter will come along and be able to give you figures.

Joy

I agree with Peter that 24/25 mpg is a good average - we have the same engine on our Dakota. The only time we now dip below that is when towing our Smart car (on an A frame!) >:-) Or sometimes after after a trip to the French / Italian supermarkets.... *-)

Hi Derek,

We have a 3ltr Fiat Rapido, so there will be a difference as ours is manuel as well. We average about 29mpg. The motorhome is always on standby and only needs to have water and food added, so any small journeys out for the day, goes almost fully loaded. Mpg has alot also to do with the way you drive. On a visit to Norway where we were on a time restriction so we couldn't amble along, we were getting the same 29mpg and that was with fully loaded tanks etc, but as not alot of traffic we were able to cruise at a faster speed.

Archived