nec birmingham

trickydicky

hi,i've just been looking for info on the motorhome show at the nec in october.we want to go for a few nights and have a pitch as we need to buy quite a few things.the only info i can find on overnighting seems to be with "the caravan club", who are a bit evasive about it all.i ended up e mailing them and they want £25 A NIGHT, which i find a bit steep.is this the only way of staying there in your motorhome.we have never been before so don't really know the best procedure.

There was I very clear piece in the August edition of the Caravan Club Mag about its facilities for the show. The charge per night does include free evening entertainment and a shuttle bus to and from the show. Never used these facilities but did see them in action last year and thought the set-up looked very good.

To what extent £25 per night is expensive is, I suppose, a matter of opinion but if you're at the show to part with several £k for a new 'van it might be regarded as good value.

V

The charges are possibly nothing the do with the CC.

The NEC and surrounding area is all high cost ground, Security would also be a concern and would have to be paid for, no use having a cheap site, if it invites undesireables around.

I cannot comment on other shows as I'm not a prospective buyer of any goods.

Refer to this country using any name you wish but no one is forced to stay here neither to indulge in what goes on.

The Caravan Club also put on hook ups and entertainment every night which adds to their costs. Depends on your point of view, of course, but we have enjoyed some of the acts very much.

There are several club sites nearby, for instance Kingsbury Water Park - we have also stayed at the new C&CC site at Conkers which is a bit further out but still very handy and an excellent site. There are also some CL's in the area.

thanks for your opinions all. i've never been before admittedly,as libby points outs,if you don't like what you get in this country go elsewhere....and that's exactly what we normally do.....we don't normally do rip off britain,BUT, on this one occasion we thought as we needed accessories we would give it a go....and it seems we'll pay for the priviledge. we are used to having options of whether we want to part with our well earned cash for things like hook-ups and entertainment.it seems here usually that option is taken away from you.

Archived