Re Awning

4petedaniel

I asked for information on awnings some time ago.

and on the information supplied a brought a Sunncamp 260.

It did not fit my Fiamma awning track. I have now encluded in my purchase a Drive away kit with a figure of 8 and 6mm to 4mm piping.

It looks like it will do the job. but for only one problem it only 6feet long and my awning is 2.6m long as I am unable to try it at the moment .

anyone know if it will be ok? as I dont want the embarrassment of finfing out when I go off camping at a club Rally.

The awning may be 2.6 metres long but there are two triangles of material with beading (one at each end of the awning) which may make the total length of of the beading more than 3 metres. I suspect that you will need another figure of 8 track etc to support the awning along its full length otherwise the two flexible poles at the end will not have adequate support and will flap about.

I have just purchased a Sunncamp 260 Plus at the National Feast Of Lanterns held at Blenheim Palace.

It was a damaged return, where the purchaser had tried to put a 6mm bead into a caravan channel and because the beading does not slide easily into the channel he/she had damaged the seam.

It cost me £55.00 instead of £159.00 plus £6.00 for a length of 4mm beading.

An afternoon stripping off the old beading and work with the industrial sewing machine and BINGO! it fits my Fiamma.

I had to shorten the end triangles on my awning because they were to long for my 3m Fiamma wind out.

One of the problems with the original beading was that it is made from a moulded plastic extrusion which would not fit/slide easily into a standard 6mm caravan channel.

The best type of beading IMHO is the fabric type which is wrapped around a central core of plastic. The fabric type slides easily in the channel.

Archived