Cheap overnights are around if you only look

libby

To those who keep complaining about the costs in the UK. Last weekend we stayed for 4 nights at an event just up the road for £8.00.

There was entertainment included on Saturday night if that's what you want, plus two whole days of things going on, things to buy and things to eat. And it was full of like minded people.

Later in the month I'm going to two others of a similar nature one of which will be less costly.

So go and live on the continent all of you who constantly complain and increase the wear and tear on your vehicle, there's plenty of so called good priced things to do in the UK if one looks for them.

Where? I would never disclose but you can pm me for a comment.

Bill

i think some of the reasons people complain about are justified. of course,you will always find sites and venues here that are good value for money.....these are the people that aren't ripping you off. but in the main,britain is known to be just that ...."rip off britain".and it's not just the british that think this,it's all the foreigners that come here,especcially campers of varying discriptions.they are used to paying reasonable prices for what they recieve....if they want hook up they pay,if they don't need it, they don't pay,simple as that. here, you don't usually get a choice,and if you do, it's still in the main more expensive than you would pay anywhere else. most people i know buy a motorhome not just for the freedom, but also in the hope of avoiding paying the high prices of hotels and guest houses.my husband and i would just like to be able to pay for a small pitch to simple park our motorhome securely overnight.we very rarely need,or want to use the facilities available,but if we did,we would be more than happy to pay for the individual needs.i don't think this is being unreasonable.when you go shopping in general,you buy what you need,

not what you don't need,just because it comes as a package.

There are a lot of people who are quite happy to go " just up the road"

( to quote Libby) and there are those who prefer to go further, even if it does wear the van out.

But for those who prefer to go further and see more, that is precisely why they bought the van !

Each to his own.

:-|

We've recently "discovered" the C&CC temporary holiday sites and sites for weekends. These are excellent, well run, very cheap, often with entertainment organised with which to join in or not. Some are near towns/villages/pubs, others not. Some of them are maybe not quite the closest thing to wild camping but a very acceptable arrangement nonetheless. I wish we had tried them sooner. Makes the annual m'ship cost very worthwhile.

ike

Malc

Fine I quite agree and did it myself many years ago but I didn't keep complaining about all the others which some of the writers do. I just got on with life.

I had a friend who flew to the Czech Republic just because the beer was cheaper. He failed to understand that by the time he arrived back home his beer was dearer than gold.

Archived