Condensate in double glazed window

Robbins

Ive noticed ours a couple of times, but it seems to clear itself, when we had it in the caravan we were told just to remove the little white plugs and open it so the sun dries it and then put the plugs back in.

There doesnt seem to be any in a motorhome window so I would just open it to the sun and let it dry itself

Ive noticed ours a couple of times, but it seems to clear itself, when we had it in the caravan we were told just to remove the little white plugs and open it so the sun dries it and then put the plugs back in.

There doesnt seem to be any in a motorhome window so I would just open it to the sun and let it dry itself

Robbins

The "Polyplastic"-made windows of my Hobby motorhome sometimes mist up patchily when directly exposed to strong sunlight, but, so far, they've un-misted themselves afterwards. Each window has a couple of 'plugs' (as mentioned by maggyd), but I'm not sure how easy it would be to extract them.

I believe a Legend would probably have "Sietz"-made windows and, if I remember correctly, it's straightforward to get the plugs out of those. If your motorhome is getting on a bit - Auto-Sleepers has used the Legend name repeatedly since Year Dot - and there's lot's of condensation within the window (like in a failed domestic double-glazed pane), then I don't think just removing the plugs will be sufficient. You might then try drilling some fair size holes in opposite corners and blowing air between the panes to dry them out, plugging the holes once the window had cleared.

Archived