Radio 20 minute cut-off

johngee

Does anyone know how to circumvent the 20 minute cut-off for the original equipment radio in a 2009 Peugeot Boxer? I can adjust the time, but only to a maximum of 20 minutes without restarting the engine. I presume that having the radio on for an hour or so is unlikely to drain the vehicle battery too much.

I have also found what I think are speaker wires inside the front upper lockers of my Explorer Group 115, near the front downlighters. I wonder what the other end is connected to, if anything - maybe the existing radio?

Hi John, if its the standard fitment Blaupunkt radio then the only method I know of to overcome the 20 minute cutoff is to replace the radio with a different unit. Having said that someone did say a while back that if you select zero minutes in the menu it will stay on indefinitaley(sp?) but I haven't had a chance to find out personally.

As for the speaker wires have a look at the rear of the radio head unit, are there similar wires present and connected there?

D.

hi John all you need to do is fit your speakers at the back,then in the wardrobe in the corner under the platic corner brown channel you will find both parts of a plug just connect this and you have rear speakers.

You will also find a spare live wire if you need it.

The headset will also allow you to set the fade front to rear adjustment.

I have a picture somewhere but the connections are easy to find.

HTH :-D

urbanracer - 2009-09-01 10:15 PM

hi John all you need to do is fit your speakers at the back,then in the wardrobe in the corner under the platic corner brown channel you will find both parts of a plug just connect this and you have rear speakers.

You will also find a spare live wire if you need it.

The headset will also allow you to set the fade front to rear adjustment.

I have a picture somewhere but the connections are easy to find.

HTH :-D

Thanks for that. Prewired! - I'll have a look. A spare live feed would be handy, unless it's already been used for the aerial booster. So..............I could fit a decent radio in the habitation area, or swap the existing one for something better or.......the possibilities are endless, as they say.

I may need to take a deep breath before I start hacking my cupboards about & fiddling with the electrics!

Hi John- You could always do what I did and get a small portable radio to listen to in the rear of the van, and it will pick up more stations than my factory fitted radio with non existant ariel, also can listen to it outside in the awning. For CDs/DVDs I use a small portable DVD player which plugs into the TV socket, handy when there is nowt on TV on rainy evenings. :-D

>>>I may need to take a deep breath before I start hacking my cupboards about & fiddling with the electrics<<<<

No hacking in the wardrobe neded just remove plastic corner trim find both halves of plug join together and job done.

The scary bit is the 2 holes for rear speaker in the rear MDF panels for the new speakers.

Archived