Latest MMM Review of new Nuevo

auntygranty

Am I alone in thinking that the reviewer of the above vehicle in September's MMM needs perhaps to rethink his task ? What a wonderfull, super, beautifull, great etc etc vehicle this is !! The whole article is so pro Auto Sleepers that one really must wonder if this guy takes backhanders. Ok Ok I have recently owned a Nuevo and it was good but certainly not wonderfull. There was a lot of really good design features, such as the roof with moulded risers for vents etc, good quality cooker and heating but the winterisation for a modern van was awfull. The fridge fitting dreadfull (dont just park in a windy spot) the draughts around it would kill you. The Heki roof light was designed for a caravan!! No-one in it to suffer the draughts when moving. A water tank underneath that would freeze with the slightest frost. My second van a so called downmarket Autohome Wildwind had an inboard water tank and a dedicated Leisure battery compartment easily got at, not like the Nuevo's under the drivers seat job.

Come on MMM you can do better Can I have a job as a reviewer I would shake up some of these manufacturers to give us what most of us want not yes sir yes sir we love your lovely van. Auntygranty >:-(

Auntygranty is perfectly entitled to his or her opinion. However, he or she is not entitled to suggest that the road tester in question takes back handers.

If you have a serious problem with Dave Hurrell's road test, we would suggest you speak to him at a show or a send a letter into the magazine, rather than libel him anonymously on a forum.

I can only agree with dinkydot's sentiments - BUT, in amongst the original post are some very pertinent points generally. There should be absolutely no reason for drafts through the fridge vents if it is fitted properly and Autosleepers have been doing their job for enough years for it not to be just a 'one off' mistake. Seems just sloppy build to me and auntygranty has some justification for a gripe.

David

Sorry Auntygranty but you are way out of order with your comments especially the inference that he is taking back-handers from the manufacturer.

Dave Hurrell is one of the few reviewers who does criticise the models he tests and as such is one of the few who's views I trust.

Perhaps you missed the section where he criticised the Nuevo juddering on reversing up a gentle gradient at Bucklers Hard. If you look at the options list for the Nuevo you will see that insulation and a heater for the underslung tanks is available and mentioned in the article list of options.

If anyone cares to search it will be found that Dave Grant, far from being annonymous, provided his full name and part address on the forum. And anyone wishing to search further will also find he is published quite openly on BT pages for all to read or give him a call.

And why not disagree with a magazine writer.

I often wonder if these test vans are representative of sale vans(not just AS).

I have been extremely critical elswhere of AS build quality of my current van.

I have to say that having just been away for a couple of weeks with friends who have a 3 month old Nuevo that I was impressed with the van, (pity it is on a Pugeot) and its build. There had been no serious issues with it and very few niggles. The space in this small van was great compared with ours which is a few feet longer.

There is a difference between WONDERING and actually accusing someone of a misdemeanour I was just creating food for thought and didn't think I was out of order as I would not have written it on the MMM site if I did. I am actually a big fan of the MMM as a Mag ( compared to some others ) But reviewers could be more critical at times. Auntygranty

roger s - 2009-09-02 11:43 PM

I often wonder if these test vans are representative of sale vans(not just AS).

I have been extremely critical elswhere of AS build quality of my current van.

I have to say that having just been away for a couple of weeks with friends who have a 3 month old Nuevo that I was impressed with the van, (pity it is on a Pugeot) and its build. There had been no serious issues with it and very few niggles. The space in this small van was great compared with ours which is a few feet longer.

Why do you castigate Peugeot? Obviously SOME people have had some problems with Peugeots but such a sweeping statement is not helpful.

By your own admission your friends have had no serious issues and few niggles. (You did not specify whether any of these were with the base vehicle - again unhelpful.)

We have a 10 month old AS Symbol ES on a Peugeot 2.2 100 bhp and have been very pleased with the Peugeot, including its fuel economy. (The minor problems, squeal on belts and a faulty washer jet, were dealt with very efficiently by our local Peugeot dealership - Regal at Bilston, Wolverhampton.)

Like yourself we have been disappointed with certain aspects of the build quality of Auto-Sleepers. I have commented on earlier posts about some of the problems. Our previous AS Trident (2002) was much better.

My comments relate to Pugeot UK and their support for customers. Here in the NW there is a lack of dealerships who can support motorhomes (needed of course whilst under warranty) I cant understand when the Ford, Fiat, Merc and VW dealers all manage why PUK select dealers who can only work on cars. Before anyone starts about Manchester or Liverpool I know, but I refuse to travel to these cities.

roger s - 2009-09-03 4:01 PM

My comments relate to Pugeot UK and their support for customers. Here in the NW there is a lack of dealerships who can support motorhomes (needed of course whilst under warranty) I cant understand when the Ford, Fiat, Merc and VW dealers all manage why PUK select dealers who can only work on cars. Before anyone starts about Manchester or Liverpool I know, but I refuse to travel to these cities.

You refer to your experience in the north west of England but use that as an excuse to knock Peugeot in general. That to me still doesn't seem good enough reason for yor adverse comment about Peugeot on your original post.

Archived